Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Arch Nemesis: Rush Limbaugh!

For those of you that missed it, this last week saw one of my favorite political events of the year, the White House Correspondent's Dinner. Basically its a fun, light hearted event the White House throws every year featuring a dinner and speeches by a comic or famous actor and the President. I love this event because you get to hear what the president would say if he was at liberty to speak his mind. This year's was especially entertaining.

Unfortunately, every year someone also gets bent out of shape about something that is said. I can't stand this. It's a joke people! This brings me to my good friend Rush. (Is that really his name, Rush?) Naturally he was the butt of many jokes from both Wanda Sykes (the night's featured comedian) and President Obama. And naturally many on the right are bent out of shape, claiming the jokes went too far. (I still don't understand why the right stands by Limbaugh, let him go already...) The joke in question:





So, the question is whether or not comparing Rush Limbaugh to Osama Bin Laden is unfair? On January 14, 2009 Bin Laden released a message challenging the Obama administration. Questioning whether or not America "is capable to keep fighting us for more years," two days later Limbaugh, when asked to write 400 words on the new Obama administration said, "Okay... but i wont need 400 words, I hope he fails." He repeated and defended his stance on February 28.

Am I seriously implying that Bin Laden and Limbaugh are secretly working together to bring down this administration? Of course not, but in this instance, their ultimate goal is the same. One motivated by selfishness and greed (and Oxycontin) and the other dangerous religious fanaticism. So perhaps Sykes's sentiment, that Limbaugh in his remarks was borderline treasonous, wasn't such an exaggeration after all. Maybe we should report him? We could lock him up with Ames. That would be the single greatest deterrent to crime we could create, having to be imprisoned with Rush Limbaugh. Imagine the possibilities...

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kevin. welcome to the blogging world.
    i do love the correspondents dinner as well. hilarious

    i hope your kidney's fail
    i was dying of laughter.
    hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  3. And it is now complete. I have witnessed all of my siblings giving in to the blog monster (he's real), and way to resign yourself to unemployment. (And no telling anyone else- even though I don't know that I can be called liberal, I agree with you on a lot of things, I just don't like to get into the arguments.) Love you!

    ReplyDelete