Thursday, May 14, 2009

Welcome to The Proud Progressive.

Welcome! I've decided to start a blog. I never thought this day would come, especially as I have spent more then my fair share of time making fun of those that blog. However, hidden behind the jokes and one liners I've always wanted a blog of my own. Now I find myself sitting at home unemployed and bored waiting to leave on my mission. So, with literally nothing better to do, i decided that it is time to enter the blogosphere.

It seems like a good idea for my first post to explain this blog, and to give you a reason to read on. The Proud Progressive was inspired by this quote given by President John F. Kennedy on September 14, 1960 feel free to substitute Liberal with progressive as they are synonymous:

"What do our opponents mean when they apply to us the label "Liberal?" If by "Liberal" they mean, as they want people to believe, someone who is soft in his policies abroad, who is against local government, and who is unconcerned with the taxpayer's dollar, then.... we are not that kind of "Liberal." But if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind..., someone who cares about the welfare of people..., someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroud, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a liberal." (John F. Kennedy, 1960)

I plan to do my best to thoughtfully and insightfully comment on current events and share what I'm thinking and why you should agree. More importantly then that, I hope to explain why I am a proud progressive and why you should be too. I hope you enjoy reading this blog, but more than that, I hope I enjoy writing it. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. i like you kevin :) how come i didn't know you had a blog?

    ReplyDelete